Friday, May 22, 2009

A Vignette of This Recession

One of the most surreal and poignant moment for me last year was when my co-worker received her 10 year commendation from Citi. We were slated for shutdown and we were all being laid off in waves. She got this nice plaque as an acknowledgment for her tenure and service, even as she was being let go in a few weeks.

It was nice that she hit her 10 year mark since that boosted her severance package. I have no idea why that popped into my head and I didn't know her that well beyond the fact that at the time I was teaching managerial economics at night at CSULB and she was taking the same class at CSUF, and I was able to help her on her homeworks.

I hope she landed on her feet, along with all the people whom I used to work with.

No comments: