Sunday, January 25, 2009

More Thoughts About The Inauguration

  • Close to 2 million people, and not a single arrest. That is pretty cool.
  • It was an absolutely friendly crowd. I was striking up random conversations in the Metro and around the Mall. Everyone was happy to be there and was dying to talk to someone about it.
  • Two people got booed at the mall- George W Bush and Joe Lieberman.
  • Biggest applause line during the inauguration speech: "we reject as false the choice between our safety and our ideals."
  • My favorite line: "To those who cling to power through corruption and deceit and the silencing of dissent, know that you are on the wrong side of history; but that we will extend a hand if you are willing to unclench your fist."
  • Finally, another Punahou pic for Lorena:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what's going on locally with the purple ticket/tunnel stuff?

Yang said...

I heard about it afterward; I was too far away to notice the purple section then and there...